Colt Related Web Sites
The following are links to other web pages dealing with different areas of Colt collecting. These links will open a new browser window to view the other pages. In order to return here, just close the new window.
- If you are interested in the .25, .32, and .380 Colt autoloaders, be sure to visit Sam Lisker's
Colt Pocket Hammerless Home Page.
- The 1911A1 presented by Oliver de Gravelle III
- For information on high grade collectibles with the emphasis on Commemorative guns,
visit Cherry's Fine Guns
- Jim Alaimo, former manager of the Colt Custom Shop, is in business for himself now doing high quality custom work on Colt SAA and 1911 type firearms.
visit Nutmeg Sports
- For information on getting a Colt factory letter on a specific gun, visit Colt Firearms historical section at
Colt Historical Letters
Other Gun Related Web Sites
Collecting the Colt Woodsman is a hobby for me, not a business. Please note that I do not do appraisals, so please do not ask me to estimate the value of your gun. I have provided input to the Blue Book of Gun Values for several years, and as of the 2005 edition I also contribute to The Standard Catalog of Firearms. Each of these publications is updated annually with Colt Woodsman values and descriptions based on my recommendations to the editor. The two publications are not identical, and each has certain advantages over the other. I recommend that you consult both publications and then make your own appraisal. You can order either one or both by clicking on the links below.
If you order via the links on this page that will help support the cost of maintaining this Woodsman web site, while the cost to you will be exactly the same as if you ordered directly. Your help will be appreciated.
The 2006 edition of The Standard Catalog of Firearms was released in January, 2006 and contains an article by Yours Truly on factory engraved Colt Woodsman pistols. The cover photo shows three engraved guns from my collection.
If you do not feel qualified to do your own appraisal with the aid of these books, Blue Book Publications will do a written appraisal for you for only $20. There are links on their web site to their appraisal service. They also have experts available to answer specific questions about almost any type of gun for a small fee.
- NRA National Rifle Association
- ArmsVault: An extensive collection of all sorts of firearms related information.
- Washington Arms Collectors
- Jeff Chan's and rkba.org
Jim Knoll's "Gun Stuff" and other interesting material
- rec.guns rec.guns FAQ
- High Standard Collectors' Association
- John Stimson's High Standard Pages
Last updated on ... Aug 7, 2011.